Prescott Fire Department has been proudly serving the citizens of the City of Prescott, Township of Oak Grove, and the Township of Clifton since 1860. We are a department of 40 professionally trained volunteers that take great pride in serving their community.
The main Fire Station is in the City of Prescott on Flora Street built in the 1960s and expanded in the late 1980s - to accommodate the addition of an ambulance service. The Ancillary Fire Station is located at the Township of Oak Grove town hall at 1100th Street just South of Prescott.
In addition to the ground event response teams, Prescott Fire Department has a water-craft response team for rescue and recovery operations located at a local marina. As with our mutual-aid ground support to other fire departments in the area, Prescott Fire also provides mutual-aid water rescue and recovery to those same departments and agencies.
New space for the ambulance service (EMS) and Prescott police department was constructed in 2005 where it currently resides. Fall of 2014, marked an intergovernmental decision led by the Association, within its Wisconsin statute authority, to consolidate Prescott’s EMS operations with River Falls Emergency Medical Services – a mutual-aid response partner. This expanded partnership offered an array of advantages and opportunities for both residents and EMT staff of our area. The day-to-day EMS operations are still housed in Prescott, but are under the directorship of River Falls, yet reporting to Prescott Area Fire and EMS Association.