Update - Starting next week, Tennis Sanitation will start distributing new garbage and recycling carts to all residents. The distribution process may take a couple of weeks. If you do not receive new Tennis carts by December 22, please contact them directly to set up an account (651-459-1887). Please, keep using your GFL carts until the end of the December. NOTE: GFL informed us that their Christmas holiday schedule will be pushed by one day for that week . For those of you that have your trash picked up on Wednesdays, you will be picked up on Thursday, December 28th and anyone that is picked up on Thursdays, you will be picked up on Friday, December 29th. GFL will be picking up their carts on December 28th, December 29th and possibly December 30th as they run their routes. If your GFL carts are not picked up please make sure to leave your carts out in front of your house through Saturday, December 30th. If your carts are not picked up after December 30th, please contact City Hall at 715-262-5544.
Finally, letters will be going out next week to the few properties that Tennis will be changing their pick-up day from Wednesday to Thursday. This only affects a small portion of the southwest corner of Prescott. The updated pick-up day map is at the following link:
Original Story - We are excited to announce that effective January 1, 2024, our municipal trash and recycling services will be provided by Tennis Sanitation. The City of Prescott has considered multiple options for trash and recycling, and we believe this new partnership will provide excellent customer service, additional waste and recycling options, and very competitive costs. All current residents that have single, two, or three family trash service will be receiving a letter in the mail along with a brochure from Tennis Sanitation detailing their services along with rates. The brochure can also be found by clicking the link below.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW…
- Tennis Sanitation will maintain your account; trash and recycling service will no longer be a charge on your quarterly utility statement from the City of Prescott.
- Tennis Sanitation staff will receive your basic service information (name, address, phone number, and email) so that they can set up your account and deliver your new Tennis Sanitation trash and recycling carts. You will receive an equal sized trash cart to what your currently have except in the case of a 35-gallon cart. Those who currently have a 35-gallon cart will receive a 65-gallon cart as Tennis Sanitation does not offer 35-gallon carts.
- Transition of service will be seamless. During the month of December, you will receive your new Tennis Sanitation trash and recycling carts in preparation of January 2024 start of service.
- Thursday, December 29th will be the last day of service provided by GFL Environmental.
- Tennis Sanitation will bill you directly, every other month, with the January/February bill sent at the end of January and due by the end of February.
- For streamlined service you will speak directly to staff at Tennis Sanitation regarding your trash and recycling account. City staff will no longer be the middleman resulting in quicker resolution of issues and, we believe, efficient customer service for all our residents.
- With the exception of a few customers your trash and recycling service will be on the same day as your current service. Customers that will be having a different pick-up day will receive a separate letter in the mail notifying them of the change.
- There is nothing you need to do currently. Watch for changes to begin in December.
Again, you will receive your new Tennis Sanitation trash and recycling carts in December. GFL Environmental will pick up final trash and recycling carts the last week in December. The final GFL Environmental trash and recycling charge will be on your fourth quarter utility bill covering service through the end of 2023. Starting in January 2024 your trash and recycling will be picked up by Tennis Sanitation and you will be billed directly on a two-month billing cycle.
As always, please feel free to contact your staff at Prescott City Hall with any questions or concerns. Our office hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. Phone: 715-262-5544.